12.18.2014

Eternal Perspective

I'm trying to have an eternal perspective on life. I have a lot of head knowledge. I know the Gospel and I love it, but I don't spend enough time meditating on it and letting every aspect of it sink into my soul so that it can combat my sinful thoughts and feelings that I have everyday.

Eternal perspective is key. Life here is the equivalent of a second in the timeline of ETERNITY! There are so many joyful and happy experiences we get to enjoy on earth, but they mean nothing unless they are furthering the Kingdom.

Those small things I get upset over, that blemish on my face, those few pounds I want to lose, those new clothes I desperately "need". They don't mean anything. And it's so hard to see that when you don't look past this life and look at eternity.

I want a meaningful life. I want to make the most of each day and enjoy earthly pleasures, but not let them own me. I want to be able to use the resources and gifts that I am given without making them an idol. And it all comes back to eternal perspective.

I want to live in the moment instead of planning/worrying about my future. And it can only be done if I focus on the "right now" through the lens of eternity. My right now only has meaning because of what Jesus has done and what eternity will bring.

It's hard because my thoughts always go back to all the meaningless stuff around me. I let it get me down, or I let myself get so wrapped up in it.

Eternity is real and I can't fathom it. But all of this stuff won't matter unless it is storing up treasure in Heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment